If there was ever any doubt about Trump’s illegitimacy, it was erased with Cohen’s guilty plea under oath asserting that Trump directed him to commit felonies to increase Trump’s election chances. A criminal pretender president simply cannot be allowed to nominate a Supreme Court justice.
Even before Cohen and Manafort joined the long list of convicted criminals associated with Trump, Trump’s SCOTUS nominee was not popular. Brett Kavanaugh is the least popular SCOTUS nominee in decades, down in the dumps with failed nominees Harriet Miers and Robert Bork. And for good reason.
Kavanaugh’s stance on key issues is out of step with Americans’ values. He:
- Opposes the ACA which 54% of Americans support
- Opposes Roe which 64% support
- Opposes making it easy to vote which 59% support
- Believes that the President has an extreme degree of executive power including self-pardon while 85% oppose self-pardon
- Opposes environmental protections which 62% support
- Opposes the assault weapons ban and other reasonable gun safety laws which 80% support
The Senate must NOT confirm a SCOTUS Justice who doesn’t share our values, whose full record has been concealed, and who was nominated by an illegitimate, criminal president. Stop Kavanaugh!
(Leave a message if you can’t get through)
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling to thank the Senator for his continued opposition to the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh. Please tell the Senator (i) to urge his Democratic colleagues on the Judiciary Committee to boycott the Kavanaugh hearings, (ii) to boycott any floor vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination, and (iii) withhold unanimous consent on Senate business unless all of Kavanaugh’s documents are produced and the Mueller investigation clears Trump. Thank you.”