*Updated May 30th 2, 2018 — 4th Edit*
We know that Mueller is at risk of being fired. But that’s not the only way that Trump can inhibit his investigation.
- If Trump fires Mueller
- If Trump fires Rosenstein
- If Trump pardons key witnesses
- If Trump takes another action that prevents the investigation from being conducted freely (such as repealing the regulations establishing the office)
We have been working with the organizers of other local groups to rally together if one of these red lines are crossed. This plan is part of an effort to have a coordinated response to what would surely be a constitutional crisis. We sincerely hope this doesn’t come to pass, but if it does, we’re prepared to peacefully rise up.
If Red Line is crossed BEFORE 2 P.M. local time —> events will begin @ 5 P.M. local time at Pioneer Square, 701 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97205
If Red Line is crossed AFTER 2 P.M. local time —> events will begin @ noon local time the following day at Pioneer Square, 701 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97205
- Carry poster board and permanent markers in your car
- Keep a “go” bag or backpack in your car with comfortable shoes, water, energy bars and a clean bandana (so versatile)
- Consider some noisemakers — pots, pans, drums, buckets …
REMEMBER: In peaceful protest, your voice and message are MORE persuasive and powerful, and others are more likely to join you.