**CALL TO ACTION**
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
OUR NATIONAL SECURITY AND STANDING ARE AT RISK
The last few weeks prove America is no longer the leader of the free world http://bit.ly/2rhopnQ. Our international standing is decimated and our national security is at risk.
Trump cozied up to dictators by:
- selling the repressive Saudi monarchy billions in weapons http://bit.ly/2rqH96Q
- praising Philippines President Duterte’s drug war –which includes extra-judicial killings – AND sharing nuclear submarine intelligence https://usat.ly/2rznq5u
- congratulating President Erdogan on a referendum cementing autocratic rule http://nyti.ms/2rlywds
- offering classified intelligence to Russia http://nyti.ms/2pRsWw0
Trump rebuffed Democratic Europe by
- not reaffirming Article 5 of NATO – an attack on one is an attack on all – invoked ONCE: for America after 9/11 http://wapo.st/2sgmgIF
- blasting E.U. trade http://read.bi/2qz5ovX
- not supporting the Paris Climate Accords http://bbc.in/2s7hNaT
- Jeff Session lied about meeting with Russian officials http://cnn.it/2qdElul.
- Jared Kushner tried to establish a secret backchannel with Russia http://cnn.it/2s8TFFO.
Oregon MoCs (except Walden)—have spoken out against Trump’s move towards dictatorships like Russia. Now they must demand an independent commission AND the resignation of compromised staff. Our national security and standing depends on it.
**ACTION 1: CALL BOTH SENATORS AND YOUR REPRESENTATIVE
SAMPLE SCRIPT SCRIPT
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon. I am deeply concerned about the Trump administrations actions which move the US away from Democratic Europe and towards dictatorships like Russia. We must stand with our allies. Our national security and international standing depend on this. I ask that the Senator/Representative call for the resignation of Attorney General Sessions and Jared Kushner. I also ask that he/she do all that he/she can to establish an independent commission regarding Russian interference in our election and HOLD Congressional business until this happens.”