This week we called our MoCs to:
- Protect food assistance for the poor
- Stand up for the rule of law by protecting Mueller
- Let refugees in
- Oppose unqualified extremist judges including Wendy Vitter and Kyle Duncan
- Fight for our domestic spending and protect our safety net
- Protect our air
We saw that calling works:
- The Senate Judiciary Committee will vote on a bill to protect Mueller
- Senate Rules were changed to allow children up to 1 year of age on the floor allowing new parent Senator Tammy Duckworth to do her job with baby in tow.
We were inspired by student led walk outs demanding a stop to gun violence.
These calls help defend our democracy and highlight what we’ll be demanding from candidates running in the midterm elections.
So, if you didn’t call your members of Congress this week, take a moment to do so now. Pick one of our Daily Calls to Actions (all scripts are on our website at www.indivisibleor.org/actions/) and make a call.
After you do this, check out how you can get involved in our midterm activities at www.indivisibleor.org/