ACTION ONE: CALL YOUR SENATORS
SAMPLE SCRIPT FOR WYDEN AND MERKLEY:
My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling because the Covid pandemic is out of control. Trump’s approach is a failure. We need a national panel of experts, beyond White House control, to guide us. It’s already too late for 130,000 Americans. Demand a change now and push to pass the HEROES Act ASAP.
CALL SENATOR MERKLEY
CALL SENATOR WYDEN
SAMPLE SCRIPTs FOR Representatives:
My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling because the Covid pandemic is out of control. Trump’s approach is a failure. We need a national panel of experts, beyond White House control, to guide us. It’s already too late for 130,000 Americans. Demand a change now. Stay in session to get the job done.
CALL Suzanne Bonamici (OR-01)
Call Greg Walden (OR-02)
CALL BLUMENAUER (OR-03)
CALL PETER DEFAZIO (OR-04)
CALL Kurt Schrader (OR-05)
- Watch this video to challenge yourself on the issue of racial justice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aCn72iXO9s&feature=youtube.be
Work to get out the vote (GOTV):
- We host virtual letter writing events every Saturday and every fourth Tuesday — sign up at https://swingleft.org/group/indivisible-oregon
- Write letters to voters from home, whenever it’s convenient for you. Register with Vote Forward to get started at votefwd.org
- Host your own virtual letter-writing party. Get started here at https://swingleft.org/p/virtual-letter-writing-party
While other developed countries have subdued their Covid-19 outbreaks, the CDC says the coronavirus epidemic here is out of control. If the trend continues, the US could have 100,000 new cases every day.
With 128,000 Americans dead from Covid, the WHO chief warns: “The worst is yet to come.”
At first, Trump minimized the risk, then launched an inadequate response. Now he asserts increased testing is responsible for the uptick in cases but no expert supports that lie. Instead, the resurgence is linked to his push to “LIBERATE” businesses from lockdowns far too early.
Lately, he appears to be working against our health. He has:
- Invited thousands of supporters indoors for (virus swapping) rallies.
- Stated he wants to reduce coronavirus testing.
- Lied about facemasks by claiming they were a symbol mocking him.
- Asked the Supreme Court to terminate Obamacare which would leave 23 million Americans without medical insurance.
Other countries controlled their outbreaks and are now reopening (although Americans are not welcome in Europe).
This calamity is all on Trump. Tens of thousands of Americans died because of Trump.
To prevent even more needless deaths, tell your Members of Congress that the response should be put into the hands of scientists. Now.