If there were ever a doubt about Trump’s illegitimacy, it was erased when Cohen pled guilty, swearing under oath that Trump directed him to commit felonies to increase Trump’s election chances. An un-indicted co-conspirator president simply cannot be allowed to nominate a Supreme Court justice.
Even before Cohen and Manafort joined the long list of convicted criminals associated with Trump, Brett Kavanaugh, Trump’s SCOTUS nominee, was extremely unpopular. He’s the least popular SCOTUS nominee in decades – down at the bottom with failed nominees Harriet Miers and Robert Bork. And for good reason.
Kavanaugh’s stance on key issues is out of step with Americans’ values. He:
- Opposes the ACA, which 54% of Americans support
- Opposes Roe v. Wade, which 64% support
- Opposes making voting easy, which 59% support
- Believes the President has almost unlimited executive power, including right to self-pardon, which 85% oppose
- Opposes environmental protections, which 62% support
- Opposes the assault weapons ban and other reasonable gun safety laws, which 80% support
The Senate must NOT confirm a SCOTUS Justice who rejects our values, whose full record has been concealed, and who was nominated by an illegitimate, criminal president. Stop Kavanaugh!
Join us at #ResistTrumpTuesday on Tuesday, August 28 at 11:30 in the courtyard of Senator Wyden’s office 911 NE 11th Ave. We will meet with Senator Wyden’s staff ask the Senator to stop Kavanaugh’s nomination by
- Urging his Democratic colleagues on the Judiciary Committee to boycott the Kavanaugh hearings (under Senate Rules, 9 committee members, including at least 2 from Minority, constitute quorum for purpose of transacting business)
- Boycotting any floor vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination
- Withholding unanimous consent on Senate business unless all of Kavanaugh’s documents are produced and the Mueller investigation clears Trump.
(Leave a message if you can’t get through)
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling to thank Senator [*] for his continued opposition to the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh. Please tell Senator [*] to (1) urge his Democratic colleagues on the Judiciary Committee to boycott the Kavanaugh hearings (thereby preventing the quorum necessary to conduct business), (2)) to boycott any floor vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination, and (iii) to withhold unanimous consent on Senate business unless all Kavanaugh’s documents are produced and the Mueller investigation clears Trump. Thank you.”
- Help take back the Senate and adopt a vulnerable blue senator in a red state. Bring to their attention Red State Democrats Have No Good Reason to Vote for Brett Kavanaugh. Do something every month to help their election. roadto2018.com
- Check out this new resource from Pod Save America: Vote Save America https://votesaveamerica.com/.
- Sign up for midterm actions with Indivisible Oregon